Mulberry and Co are delighted to offer WSALC member councils access to it's training programme for town and parish councils at a discounted members rate.
The training programme is designed to be flexible and individual and currently includes:
· New Councillors & Chairmanship Training Programme – suitable for both new and existing councillors requiring a refresher. Also includes the option to book an on demand, bespoke councillors training session for individual councils. Delivered by Anne Bott, CEO of the Surrey Association of Local Councils.
· New Clerks & Officers Training Programme – suitable for new staff or those requiring training/refreshing on a specific topic delivered by Steve Trice, Clerk to Haywards Heath Town Council and Chairman of the SLCC and Andy Beams, locum clerk, RFO and Internal Auditor.
· Finance Training for both RFOs, Clerks & Officers and Councillors **NEWLY UPDATED** – New topics added including Monthly Reporting, Preparing for Interim Audit, Budget Setting, VAT Update, Charity & Trustee Management and Managing Payroll, all delivered by a member of the Mulberry and Co team.
· Planning Training for Clerks & Officers and Councillors **NEWLY UPDATED** - Now including ‘Introduction to Planning’, a 2 hour condensed overview of the planning system for those new to planning or requiring a refresher. Also includes the option to book an on demand, completely bespoke planning training / update session for individual councils delivered by our new planning trainer, Steve Tilbury MSc AssocRTPI of Steve Tilbury Consultants.
· **NEW** Communications Training for Clerks & Officers and Councillors – suitable for both councillors and council staff and brought to you in conjunction with Breakthrough Communications, topics include Data Protection, Social Media, Website Accessibility and Crisis Management.
Details of the training programme can be found at www.mulberryandco.co.uk/council-training-programmes/
Any of the scheduled modules / training sessions are also available for individual councils to book either in the tailored made format or completely bespoke to your requirements, please contact me if you have a request or would like further details. Prices are quoted on an individual basis.
If you have any queries in the meantime please contact Anna at email@example.com
A complete programme giving practical advice for students to understand what is required to complete their CiLCA portfolio and to embark on an independent learning and development experience.